Thursday 22 May 2014

Kinetic Typography Assignment



The title of my kinetic typography is “I don’t wanna be alone tonight”. It  uses the song “I don’t wanna be alone tonight” by Masked Intruder, and I used Adobe After to animate.

I am very happy about the final product. I put in a lot of work, and didn’t stop working until I was positive it was the best it could be. I had a lot of fun learning different techniques and learning the program itself. The only thing I might change about it would be finishing the entire song, or implementing some of the techniques I learned later on.

I used the “Century Gothic” font because it was a nice clean modern font that in my opinion matched the tone of the song. I used quick pans, and fast rotations of the text; speed depending on tempo, because the song was energetic, and fast.

The thing I had most difficulty working with was the 3d camera. I used 3d camera rotations for transitioning many times, and learning to create and manipulate the camera was difficult. I had to work within an imaginary 3d room and in the beginning that threw me off a bit, but I eventually got good at working within the 3d room.

The most satisfying and successful solutions I implement in my kinetic typography were also my work using the 3d camera tool. I was quite happy with the effect it created.  The fast transitions with the camera perfectly matched the tone of my kinetic typography and without  them, the project wouldn’t nearly have turned out as well as it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment