Friday 9 May 2014

OCADU Areas of Interest.

Well the trip was certainly interesting. When I graduate I will be definitely looking at OCADU as a possible university. So many interesting things were going on in that building. It was truly a worth while experience. I was surprised that the area of the facility I actually found most interesting was the drawing and painting section, due to the fact I had gone mostly looking forward to the Graphic Design section. Here are 2 of the paintings that stood out to me the most during the visit.

Inverted
By, Nazli Nahidi

This painting initially caught my eye due to the flawless fading of inverted light/dark colours, back to regular. Another thing that caught my attention is the slightly off-putting colour palette. The intensity of the colours on the right side of the face contrasting with the dark inverted purple/black colours on the right make for an interesting experience.

Stuck
By, Elis Tarelli

This painting caught my attention for reasons I feel are obvious. The image of a man contorted in all these strange ways is in my opinion, quite shocking. It's beautifully done. I feel like it shows how an artists mind can get when they're suffering a bad case of creativity block, due to the how "stuck" the figure is. Immobile, not able to create. That's just my take on it though.


-Discord

No comments:

Post a Comment