Sunday 2 March 2014

Kinetic Typography

Today I'll be looking at some kinetic typography to get me prepared for my classes upcoming assignment involving it. After browsing youtube for about half an hour, this was one of my favourites and I thought it displayed the principals of animation quite well.

The entire piece is solid drawing, because of it's 2d "pencil doodle" style. At the 13 second mark during the intro, the Beatles logo drops down causing the little animated character to bounce. The logo then slowly falls backward. I believe this shows the principle of secondary action. At 24 seconds the words form an arc which obviously shows the arc principle of animation. around the 40 second mark it shows the little animated character falling. I think this is an example of anticipation, because you are anticipating where/how he is going to land. At 1 minute and 15 seconds, letters begin to fall around the character showing small amounts of squash and stretch. a few second later cloud shaped words appear in the sky, and more solid words appear forming the ground for the character to walk on. I think this is a great example of staging. At 1:28 the character lands in a canon is launched on the kick of the drum, which is a great example of timing. After he is launched he appears to be floating through space in a very cool rendering of space in this 2d typographic world the animator has created. In my opinion this is a fantastic example of staging and appeal.
Looking through these kinetic typography examples has me excited to try my hand at it.

-Discord

No comments:

Post a Comment