Monday 22 October 2012

Tech Blog Post #4--Photo Composition

For this blog post we have been asked to describe what makes our photo "Awesome". I had many compositional techniques in mind when taking this picture.



I used the soccer net for framing, by taking the picture of the keys through a hole in the net. I used depth of field by focusing in on my keys, while blurring rest of the area. Depth of field helps create a contrast in the image, by leaving the focal and surrounding area the only area not blurred. I also utilized rule of thirds in my photo by placing my focal on an intersecting point. There is also another contrast between the modern metallic keys, and the rugged, organic earth.  

One thing I would do to my photo if I could take it again with unlimited resources, is I would change the object I used for my focal. The keys work, but I would've liked to have had an object that contrasted with the background more colour wise. For example instead of using my keys in my opinion it would of been better if I had a bright blue ball, because the colours would contrast more.

I think I did a pretty good job on this picture, and I'm defiantly open to any constructive criticism anyone has. Thanks!
-Discord

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely adore this photo. I love how the keys look so alone and are framed towards the bottom right. They kind of blend in to the ground a bit though, is what I find. But anyways, AMAZING JOB.

    ReplyDelete