Monday 22 October 2012

Chess Piece

Hey guys!

For this assignment, we had to draw a chess piece with a visually interesting, yet effective background. First we have to talk about the methods we used to get the pictures on the computer. First we took pictures on the copy stand.
Copy Stand:

The copy stand picture was one of the better methods for capturing my chess piece. There wasn't a lot of glare on the darker areas. The colouring can be off because of the lighting but it is easily fixable. This is a great way of digitalizing your work. 
Outside:

For this method we used natural sunlight to light our  drawing before we captured them. I dislike this method because the amount of sunlight is very unpredictable. At the moment of capture the sunlight was a little too bright, and that caused a huge glare on my drawing.
Scan:

This method I thought in my personal opinion was my favourite. It captured the image perfectly, and had to glares from light. One problem with this method is the fact that you can't scan bigger artwork.

The Process:
I used a vary of lines in this piece. Most of my lines are quite thin, but the lines that are more thick are more important lines, and outlining areas near my focal point. I used value to give the illusion my chess piece is 3D and establish my light source. I tried to my my shading as realistic as possible. I used movement by making my lines lead towards my chess piece yet add another three dimensional effect. As your eyes go over my drawing the lines give the the illusion of depth and draw your glance to the middle, because of the design. The background resembles a hole, but the lines lead into the hole where my focal is.
-Discord

1 comment:

  1. The layout of this blog post is done very well separating images with the writing, I think is very effective. The writing is thought out and covers what is needed, but there is typos. Remember Professionalism! You wrote about the digitalizing techniques very well, explaining all your opinions and findings on all three. Well Done! :) but fix the typos (she says in the kindest way possible)

    ReplyDelete